Sunday, January 15, 2012

My first work.

This is what I consider my first work. To be used as a benchmark for my improvement. Prose 17 lines long with 7 to 9 words a line.

Streetlights flicker on ushering in this night.
It's light pools around our feet carrying us home.
Drifting me out of worry only focused on this.
One Converse in front of the other I walk.
No problems just a warm glow under my skin
Oh how I come alive as the shadows parade.
My night blood comes in floods and waves
This is all I long for all I need.
My hand slyly snaked in through yours
In this moment everything's a silent dream
I feel the concrete ache under my feet.
Holding me up through the cold night.
Enjoying my company yet ready to be left alone.
Take the steps slow enjoying them as I go.
Reaching our destination I turn back to see you.
Our lips meet to greet the rising moon.
The dream melts away yet the taste remains

No comments:

Post a Comment